CESC, Inc. operates The Kearney Center, Westgate, and the upcoming Dwellings (Tiny Houses) community to provide pathways out of homelessness in the Big Bend area. CESC, Inc. is looking for a Data Manager to ensure the accurate and timely entry and maintenance of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) as it used with CESC, Inc. programs.
This positionalso works closely with the management teams at each CESC, Inc. project to produce timely ad-hoc reports, achieve strong data quality, and develop incentivized staff data specialist training programs. The Data Manager will also work with program managers to develop and implement protocols for collecting exit and follow-up data on individuals leaving CESC, Inc. programs.
If you have background in data management and interest in working with people and developing program policies, we are looking for you!
- Provide timely and accurate creation and generation of data queries, reports, ad-hoc reporting, and analyses as requested from management team, and as needed for effective operation of CESC, Inc. systems.
- Maintain integrity of data in HMIS by creating and following policies and procedures for consistent data entry, data review and reporting
- Update and otherwise maintain step-by-step instruction manuals for various data workflows at CESC, Inc.
- Work as a point of contact on HMIS issues with the Big Bend Continuum of Care
- Oversee the completion and collection of documentation needed for the CoC to set up a new user (background check and affidavit)
- Reporting to CoC HMIS when an agency system user is no longer with the agency
- Train and oversee project managers in basic and advanced data entry guidelines, basic report generation and other responsibilities as needed
- Train and oversee CESC, Inc. staff to ensure data accuracy and confidentiality and other responsibilities
- Insure timely and accurate input of all intakes, services, and shelter stays
- Prepare grant deliverables as needed
- Work closely with project managers to develop training programs for staff and regularly assess employee data quality grades.
- Work closely with project managers to develop and implement protocols for collecting exit and follow-up data on clients leaving CESC, Inc. projects
- Coordinate secure storage of all paper documents
- Be the in-house HMIS expert and troubleshoot database problems internally and with representatives from the Big Bend Continuum of Care as needed
Fulfill other position related duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree and 2 years’ experience in data management
- Generation of data queries, reports, ad-hoc reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible for database license (no felonies in last 7 years or charges related to fraud or domestic violence)
- Coaching, teaching, or managing experience strongly preferred
Please email Office@cesctlh.org with your resume and cover letter if you are interested in this position.
Interested in working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team? Join the The Kearney Center team! The Kearney Center offers comprehensive emergency services for individuals in housing crisis. We are looking for a Case Manager to provide compassionate, client centered services with a focus on helping clients move to more stable housing options.
If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness and a commitment to helping them find housing, we are looking for you!
- Provide compassionate, client-centered case management services with a focus on assisting with identifying and accessing more stable housing options.
- Perform crisis intervention, as appropriate.
- Complete referrals for housing, government benefits, healthcare, mental health services, substance abuse services, clothing, employment, educational opportunities, and disability support, as appropriate.
- Offer clients additional social work services including counseling, advocacy and service coordination with a focus on securing more stable housing options.
- Utilize a collaborative process with team members and community partners to provide service linkages and support systems to effectively serve clients.
- Ensure timely and thorough documentation of all case management services, including in-person meetings and collateral contacts.
- Honor and maintain strict confidentiality in all areas: written, spoken and observed communication
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources for which people experiencing homelessness qualify, and connect clients with these community services.
- Demonstrate understanding of the needs of people experiencing homelessness.
- Possess knowledge of programs and policies that impact people experiencing homelessness.
- Participate in weekly supervision and team meetings.
- Assist in training and supervision of interns.
- Other assigned activities that build the capacities of guests and staff to fulfill the mission of The Kearney Center.
- Some evening hours may be required.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related human services field, experience with case management and working in homelessness strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of local resources
- Compassionate and open-minded
- Commitment to practicing the values of dignity and respect with clients, coworkers and community partners
- Ability to remain focused and calm in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Cooperative and flexible with people and systems
- Basic familiarity with computers: Windows, MS Office, email, and database use
Please email Bet Oglesby at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter if you are interested in this position.