Below is a guide of resources in our community that assist those who are or are at risk of experiencing homelessness. If you find that any of this information is incorrect, or if you would like your agency or agency resource to be recognized on this page, please send an email to email@example.com. Thank you!
Kearney Center Information and Calendars of Events
Click here to find the Kearney Center New Client Orientation Guide.
- Clic aquí para obtener la guía de orientación de clientes nuevos.
Below, see the weekly calendar of events. Please note that these calendars are subject to change at any time.
Social Service Agencies
Below are links to social service agencies around the local area, as well as links to sites to apply for jobs, housing, and benefits.
- Click here to see a list of providers who come to the Kearney Center, with links to their websites.
- Click here to see a list of resources in the area
- Click here to see the Big Bend Continuum of Care’s Services Guide (updated January 2017)
- Click here to see AA meetings taking place in and around Tallahassee
- Meeting information key:
- C = Closed, must have a desire to stop drinking; O = Open, visitors are welcome; A = Anniversary birthday meetings; B = Big Book study meeting; Bg = Beginner meeting; D = Discussion meeting; HH = Half & Half, read BB or 12, then discussion; G = Grapevine; L = Literature; M = Meditation meeting; Sp = Speaker meeting; T = Traditions study meeting; NS = Non-Smoking; S = Smoking allowed; V = Meeting format varies; W = Wheelchair accessible; 12 = Step Study Meeting; 12+12 = Twelve & Twelve book study; 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,last = which week each month
- Meeting information key:
- Click here to see 2-1-1 Big Bend’s website
- If you are in need of assistance to navigate social services in the Big Bend Region, call 211 from any land line or call (850) 617-6333
- If you are feeling suicidal, please call 1-(800) 451-2229
- If you have lost someone to suicide, please click here to see a counseling, crisis, and suicide loss support and resources guide.
- Click here to read more on the Emergency Care Help Organization (ECHO) program, and how they can help.
- Click below to:
- Apply for food stamps or login to your ACCESS Florida account
- See a list and learn more about benefits in the state of Florida
- Get a replacement Florida driver’s license
- Check out the classes held at the Goodwill Prosperity Center (located at 300 Mabry Street, Tallahassee, FL 32304, and by phone at (850) 576-7145)
- Get information on STD testing centers around the local area
- Learn about services provided at Planned Parenthood
- Get connected with the Pregnancy Help and Information (PHI) center (faith-based)
- Click below to look for employment (CAVEAT EMPTOR: Watch out for scams! If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!)
- Click below to look for housing (BUYER BEWARE: Watch out for scams! If there is not a phone number, avoid emailing. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!):
- Click here to see Star Metro’s bus routes, live!
Below are files that will download to the computer you are using, that show you where there are food pantries, clothing closets, and locations for hot meals.