Interested in working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team?
EMERGENCY SHELTER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Join The Kearney Center team! The Kearney Center provides temporary emergency shelter and housing focused services to people experiencing homelessness, in a safe environment that promotes dignity and respect.
If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness and a commitment to serving them in an emergency shelter environment, this is an opportunity for you!
Position Title: Part Time Direct Care Specialist
- Provide compassionate, client-centered customer service Attend to the needs of people experiencing homelessness in a shelter environment where an average of 375 people access services and sleep overnight, with special attention to clients’ safety and well-being.
- Contribute to care and cleanliness of the facility
- Assist clients in understanding the processes and following the guidelines of the facility
- Utilize trauma-informed care and de-escalation principles with clients in a busy, high-volume shelter environment
- Document incidents and updates for smooth flow of information between shifts
- Perform routine facility walk-abouts to be aware of activities throughout the building, ensuring client safety and comfort
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and open-minded
- Ability to remain focused and calm in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and embrace change, risk and uncertainty
- Willingness to embrace and actively support the unique and evolving culture and values of The Kearney Center
- Commitment to practicing the values of dignity and respect with clients, coworkers and community partners
- Cooperative and flexible with people and systems
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
Part-time Direct Care Specialist – We are a 24 hour a day facility and there are a number of shifts available for a total of up to 25 hours per week. Please indicate your hours of availability in your cover letter.
Send resume with cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position and your availability for shifts to: Bret Oglesby at email@example.com, placing position title in the subject. Emails without resume, cover letter and position title in subject field will not be considered.