Interested in working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team?
EMERGENCY SHELTER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Part-time Men’s Dorm Overnight Direct Care Specialist & Part-time Direct Care Specialist
Interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Join The Kearney Center team! The Kearney Center provides temporary emergency shelter and housing focused services to people experiencing homelessness, in a safe environment that promotes dignity and respect.
If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness and a commitment to serving them in an emergency shelter environment, this is an opportunity for you!
- Provide compassionate, client-centered customer service
- Attend to the needs of people experiencing homelessness in a shelter environment where an average of 375 people access services and sleep overnight, with special attention to clients’ safety and well-being. .
- Contribute to care and cleanliness of the facility
- Assist clients in understanding the processes and following the guidelines of the facility
- Utilize trauma-informed care and de-escalation principles with clients in a busy, high-volume shelter environment
- Document incidents and updates for smooth flow of information between shifts
- Perform routine facility walk-abouts to be aware of activities throughout the building, ensuring client safety and comfort
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and open-minded
- Ability to remain focused and calm in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and embrace change, risk and uncertainty
- Willingness to embrace and actively support the unique and evolving culture and values of The Kearney Center
- Commitment to practicing the values of dignity and respect with clients, coworkers and community partners
- Cooperative and flexible with people and systems
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Part-time Men’s Dorm Overnight Direct Care Specialist: 20 hours per week, $11.00 per hour, consisting of two 10 hour overnight shifts from 11pm-9am. Shifts available: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
- Part-time Direct Care Specialist: 20 hours per week, $11.00 per hour, from the following shifts:
- Daytime shift – Saturday and Sunday: 8am – 4:30pm
- Early morning shift: Monday through Sunday: 5am – 9am
- Send resume with cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position and your availability for shifts to: Bret Oglesby at email@example.com, placing position title in the subject. Emails without resume, cover letter and position title in subject field will not be considered.